CBAP Guide - How to Prepare for CBAP Certification Exam in 2020
Exam preparations don’t necessarily have to be stressful and time-consuming.
If you have to answers all the pre-exam dilemmas, here are eight compulsory questions and answer that you need to know before preparing for the CBAP Certification exam
- WHAT IS CBAP? Is it any different from IIBA CBAP?
CBAP stands for Certified Business Analysis Professional. CBAP exam is designed for Business Analysts who have extensive experience in the same field. CBAP is also known as IIBA CBAP as it is accredited by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- WHAT IS IIBA CBAP CERTIFICATION?
The Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification falls under the category of business analysis certifications that is provided by the CBAP IIBA. The IIBA CBAP Certification is recognized throughout the globe. Business Analytics has a huge scope and is rapidly growing in today’s world. Getting yourself certified or becoming a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) can fetch you many benefits. A Certified Business Analysis Professional is said to be among the leaders or the senior members of the BA community.
IIBA has a set of advantages for members. By purchasing and IIBA membership, one can gain access to the official IIBA suite of content, engagement opportunities, support, and a slight advantage in the CBAP exam fees for members. An IIBA membership cost varies for different regions. India falls under region 3 and it costs about $50 USD for an annual membership and an additional $5 USD for a one-time application.
- WHAT IS CBAP CERTIFICATION?
CBAP certification is also known as IIBA CBAP certification as it is accredited by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA). CBAP certification equips and helps in preparing Business Analysis Professionals with ability and key skills. CBAP certified individuals will have better mobility, attractiveness, employability, and procuring potential.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET CBAP CERTIFICATION?
Around 150/200 hours of study is sufficient for CBAP and get certified, you can become a CBAP certified professional just by getting prepared under master mentors with a decent understanding of BABOK. To pass CBAP exam one must study BABOK 2/3 times to comprehend the idea and relationship better.
- HOW MUCH DOES CBAP CERTIFICATION COST?
CBAP Certification costs keep varying every year.
CBAP certification cost /BABOK certification costs up to $325 for members and $450 for non-members plus CBAP Exam application fees of $125 for both members and non-members.
CBAP recertification must be done after three years from the certification date. CBAP exam fees and CCBA exam fees are more or less the same.
CBAP Exam cost for recertification is $85 for IIBA members and the CBAP exam falls up to $120 for candidates who are non-members of IIBA.
- WHAT ARE THE CBAP CERTIFICATION EXAM REQUIREMENTS?
The CBAP certification has certain CBAP requirements without which an individual cannot be certified. The CBAP certification is offered with web-based and competency-based online CBAP exam that could be taken up from anywhere at any time. The only requirements are a computer with a webcam and microphone and a decent speed internet connection. CBAP certification eligibility is as stated below
- First and major requirement is to have a minimum of 7500 hours of BA work experience in the last 10 years
- At least 4 out of the 6 knowledge areas with a minimum of 900 hours of BABOK guide must be included within this experience.
- In the last 4 years, a minimum of 35 hours of professional development must be completed
- Additionally, you need two references from a lifelong director, customer or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), and a marked IIBA® Code of Conduct.
- WHAT IS CBAP PASSING SCORE?
The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) officially haven’t declared any off as such. But as per previous records, it is seen that the average CBAP exam passing score is 500 i.e. 70% or more. Therefore, it is important to set high targets and be able to score an average of 80%-90% in the mock preparation tests to make sure you clear the CBAP exam in one attempt.
CBAP CERTIFICATION EXAM PREPARATION IMPORTANT TIPS
BELOW MENTIONED TIPS WILL HELP IN PREPARING FOR AND PASSING THE CBAP EXAM
- Make BABOK your bible for CBAP exam preparation
Business Analyst book of knowledge commonly knows a BABOK is CBAP CCBA certified business analysis study guide that is easily available and accessible by googling business analyst study material pdf. No matter which CBAP study guide you go through, you would eventually have to end up with BABOK. IIBA BABOK CBAP study guide is considered as the Bible of business Analysis.
- Choose the right version and get familiar with the IIBA CBAP exam format
There are various CBAP certification study guides. According to the latest syllabus, CBAP certification study guide v3.0 and BABOK guide version 3 are prescribed.
CBAP exam preparation is incomplete if business analysis professional hasn’t gone through the BABOK at least thrice. It is very important to study every bit of BABOK so that it would be easy to link with CBAP knowledge areas gained by other Business Analysis study materials.
- While reading the business analysis book of knowledge for the first time, one should try to understand the key concepts, and make a note of key viewpoints and build up your memory aides to recollect things.
- While doing the second revision, understanding of how to apply concepts, business analyst techniques should be concerned. A chapter-wise CBAP practice test would be helpful in figuring out the weaker areas
- The third revision should be taken up close to the CBAP certification exam. Exploring the weaker areas first would be a smatter move. By doing so, one can have equal and proper knowledge of each area
Other CBAP study guides that would be recommended are
- BABOK Study Guide and CBAP Certification Guide
- CCBA/CBAP Certified Business Analysis Study Guide
- Attend CBAP TRAINING to pass CBAP EXAM
If studying by yourself is not your cup of tea, there is absolutely nothing to be worried about. There are various kinds of CBAP certification training available online as well as offline. By proper research, you can even find free CBAP online training that provides training programs for business analyst online certifications by conducting business analyst classes online. By taking up CBAP online training, candidates can help themselves by watching recorded class videos to get a better understanding of the CBAP concepts to pass the CBAP exam. These online Business Analysis training and CBAP courses cover the entire syllabus important for the CBAP exam.
To ensure you pass the CBAP exam, the CBAP exam preparation training offered by Sprintzeal offers you access to CBAP practice tests at the end of these CBAP training courses.
Out of the various business analyst certifications, the business analysis course from Sprintzeal provides well-structured CBAP training from certified trainers with industry experience. They conduct business analyst certification online for candidates from all across the globe.
IIBA EEps are among the verified IIBA certification training providers. They have various branches and it up to your convince to choose a center near your stay or workplace to take up this CBAP training.
IIBA CBAP courses also provide FAQs on the official IIBA website which could help you get an idea about the key important points.
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is a qualification that approves and shows the business analytical abilities of a senior-level business professional. On the off chance that you are a CBAP certified professional with 5+ long stretches of work experience, get this certification, and lift your career to a great extent.
To get full details about CBAP exam training, chat with our course expert or drop your query at Click Here and our support team will reach you.
Explore other career-making courses offered by Sprintzeal and find the certification that benefits your career.