Cloud computing carries calculative services known as servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics, intelligence, etc. over the internet (i.e. cloud). In simple terms, cloud computing is referred to as accessing and storing data, where it acts as a service provider towards computing on the internet. For example, accessing data on the internet the data could be in the form of images, videos, audios, documents, files, etc.
The history of the cloud is interesting, and it has slowly evolved. The first time computing came into existence in the form of client-server architecture data resided on the server-side. But it was a disadvantage because if the user wanted to access some data primarily they needed to connect to the server, after appropriate server access it was set to use.
Due to more such disadvantages client-server architecture then gradually evolved into distributed computing. Distributed computing acted as a mutual sever to all computer networks. With the help of distributed computing users were able to share resources when needed. But even this carried a disadvantage, it had limitations where data could be used only to a certain extent and it couldn’t be crossed.
With all this happening, in 1961 John MacCarthy the pioneer of AI (i.e. Artificial Intelligence), addressed a speech in MIT that “Computing can be sold as a utility, like water and electricity”. People did not agree on it then, they were comfortable with what they had. But the brilliant idea was then taken by Salesforce.com in 1999.
They implemented the idea and introduced cloud computing to the world. And that’s how cloud computing came into existence.
After this, cloud computing was considered by many of the service holders. And some of the well-known service providers are Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and many more. Where they even offer training and certifications for the ones who would want to learn more about cloud computing.
Classifications of Cloud Computing
● Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): In this service, one can rent IT infrastructures like servers, virtual machines(VM), storage, networks, OS (i.e. Operating System) from a cloud service vendor. Usage of IaaS will result in maximum flexibility, but efforts needed to be put in for maintenance.
● Platform as a Service (PaaS): This service provides an on-demand environment for developing, testing, delivering, and managing software applications. By using PaaS flexibility will be reduced, but the environment will be managed by the cloud vendors.
● Software as a Service (SaaS): It provides software services to the end-users. Where it delivers software over the internet that is in demand based on subscription. E.g. Dropbox, Amazon kindle, and more. SaaS is also used to minimize operational costs to a maximum extent.
● Back-up and Data restoration: Once the data is stored in the cloud, it is easier to get back up and again retrieve it from the cloud. The best example is iPhone where we can back up images and videos in cloud storage. Even if the images get deleted from the gallery, we can again retrieve them from the cloud drive.
●Improved Collaboration: Cloud applications improve collaborations by allowing groups of people to quickly and easily share information, via cloud storage.
● Excellent accessibility: Using the internet from anywhere around the world we can easily access the cloud. An internet cloud infrastructure increases organization productivity and efficiency by ensuring that data is always accessible.
● Low maintenance cost: Cloud computing reduces huge capital costs of buying hardware and software. Easy maintenance is one of the major advantages of cloud computing, each time there is a gradual update done in terms of cost and services making it better to use.
● Scalability: In every business managing the requirements is a must need quality. In the cloud, scalability is used to increase and decrease the requirement of resources according to the business need.
● Mobility: One of the great connectivity and benefit of the cloud is mobility. Using this the ability to connect to people and provide information is increased. The best example for this is Mobiles/ portable computers where the cloud is used for every purpose i.e. from security to feature updates. Easy access to cloud data via mobile.
● IServices in the pay-per-use model: Pay-as-you-use or pay per model is a payment model in cloud computing that charges based on how much resource one has been used. This payment process is done using APIs i.e. Application programming Interfaces, through which it is made easier for the user to access cloud services.
● Data Security: One of the best features of the cloud is security. Cloud vendors offer a broad set of policies and technologies that strengthens users’ data and ensures that their data is kept safe.
● Unlimited Storage Capacity: Cloud offers huge data storage space. Through which users can store important data like documents, images, audio, video, etc., in one place.
Talking about the present, what does the future of cloud computing has to offer to the users, in the upcoming years let us see and understand the changes to be made in detail,
Future of Cloud Computing
Today, everything is interconnected digitally to cloud computing. In the IT sector, cloud computing makes way to the new world of jobs, applications, services, and platforms. Future trends in cloud computing contain a combination of cloud-based software products and computing ideas that will help to create hybrid IT solutions.
Future cloud computing can only be predicted. Predictions can be made but decisions are hard to make, but our developers are all set to make cloud computing future developments and give the best-featured software to the world. Let us look at some of the predictions made for cloud computing future growth.
Increase Storage Capacity
Nowadays data is generated in high volume and companies at times face difficulties to store data securely. When it comes to security most of the companies’ requirement is to store data in a safe place.
As Cloud computing is being adopted by many businesses. It has been informed by cloud developers, data services will be provided to the users at a lower price as there is a large competition happening. The future of cloud storage will help many companies to store the maximum amount of data. Even if the storage gets full, users can pay for the needed amount of storage and then extend their storage services.
And one of the fun facts about the cloud future trend is that in the future of cloud computing 2025 the storage capacity of the cloud will increase over 100 zettabytes. That is multiple billions of terabytes (or trillions of gigabytes).
Internet of things along with cloud computing
Internet of things (IoT), refers to a rapidly growing network of connected objects that collect and exchange data in real-time using embedded sensors. In simple words, IoT describes the network of physical objects that are embedded with sensors, software, and other technologies. Where the exchange of data takes place with other devices and systems over the Internet.
IoT is one of the leading technologies when it comes to continuous innovation of real-time data analysis and cloud computing. As there are many machine-to-machine connected communications, data exchange, and processing taking place, with the help of cloud computing along with IoT it can easily be managed.
Increase in Internet Performance
Internet of Things (IoT) will help to improve the quality of the internet. The IoT and cloud computing together will help to store data in the cloud and enhance internet performance.
The users expect high-quality and fast-loading internet services and applications. With this feature, the future of cloud computing will provide a network that is faster to deliver and receive data.
Modular Software Will be Priority
The Volume of the individual program along with complexity is increasing regularly. Hence, the cloud computing future developments will soon require, advanced system thinking i.e. Effective AI
Future applications of cloud computing can be seen in many aspects, where data can be stored in different places other than the cloud. The applications of the cloud will store data in different modules on servers of different cloud services. And that will reduce the cost of software placing components of the program on different storage locations is economical.
Role of Public Clouds will Become much more Important
A public cloud is an IT model where on-demand computing services and infrastructure are managed by a minor-party provider and shared with multiple organizations using the public internet. Public clouds have accelerated their rise in the pandemic, where they helped businesses that invested in the cloud both public and private to get their profit.
Some of the leading cloud infrastructure platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud platforms have combined their leadership in the cloud market. Through merging they have spread their influence across many elements of the economy in 2022.
Multi-cloud and Hybrid
In the previous cloud services, the cloud traditionally contained only two categories to choose from, i.e. public and private. Where public clouds offered more accessible cloud services, on the other hand, private cloud systems gave more security for data storage.
Now with the arrival of hybrid, the features of both public and private clouds can be accessed at the same time. Service providers like AWS and Azure allow keeping some of the data on public servers, also giving the option to keep sensitive or personal data on private servers so one can actively control and monitor the data.
If the application provided is not secure and is harming the system, the user will not consider it in the first place. The cloud is secure but is it enough? To avoid similar questions, IT companies and developers are set to create an effective future for cloud security.
To continue growth, businesses need innovation; IT companies most importantly need to focus on encryption (i.e. data security). If the data is secure the company gains credibility in the market. Even people will consider that this software is safe to use.
Serverless Cloud Technology
Serverless cloud technology will be used for automation, to complete some tasks and maintain the server infrastructure. By incorporating this technology there will be flexibility in terms of storage and bandwidth, without any restriction on pricing.
Most of the companies are implementing Serverless technology at a rapid rate. And it will, even more, increase with time. According to a survey, it will grow up to 22.6% between 2021 and 2026.
With serverless technology, there will be no need to invest in any significant resources in advance. The future of cloud computation has no barriers set, from start-ups to well-established organizations that can make use of the technology.
With cloud computing expanding, along with AI i.e. Artificial Intelligence, cloud providers/developers need to maintain their performance. Improvement is a never-ending process, so users will always expect something unique. Cloud computing can be better and may result in more cloud future trends, so maintaining that suspense is much needed.
Businesses nowadays are seeking innovative ways to grow and accomplish their goal. With the help of cloud computing, it is made easier and will be getting better in the future. The future of cloud computing technology is bright and will provide all the benefits to companies and users.
If you are a beginner and interested, to learn more about cloud computing, and want to make a good career out of it. Get certification training that will help you to start better in the IT sector, through Sprintzeal
Azure Vs Aws - Which Technology Is Betterebook
The Impact of Internet of things on Marketingebook
AWS Lambda - An Essential Guide for Beginnersebook
Career in Cloud Computing or Cyber Securityebook
Impact of AWS Certification On Cloud Computing Jobsebook
Amazon Certifications: List of Top AWS certifications in 2024ebook
AWS Interview Questions and Answers 2024ebook
Amazon Software Development Manager Interview Questions and Answers 2024ebook
AWS Architect Interview Questions - Best of 2024ebook
How to Become a Cloud Architect - Career, Demand and Certificationsebook
What is Cloud Computing? - Fundamentals of Cloud Computingebook
AWS Solutions Architect Salary in 2024ebook
Amazon EC2 - Introduction, Types, Cost and Featuresebook
AWS Opsworks - An Overviewebook
Azure Pipeline Creation and Maintenanceebook
CI CD Tools List - Best of 2024ebook
Continuous Deployment Explainedebook
DevOps Career Path – A Comprehensive Guide for 2024ebook
Top Kubernetes Tools in 2024Article
Benefits of Cloud Computing in 2024ebook
Jenkins Interview Questions and Answers (UPDATED 2024)Article
A Step-by-Step Guide to GitArticle
Scalability in Cloud Computing Explainedebook
IoT Security Challenges and Best Practices-An Overviewebook
How to Learn Cloud Computing in 2024 - A Brief GuideArticle
Cloud Engineer Roles and Responsibilities: A complete Guideebook
Types of Cloud Computing ExplainedArticle
Cloud Engineer Salary - For Freshers and Experienced in 2024Article
Essential Cybersecurity Concepts for beginnersebook
What is a Cloud Service - A Beginner's Guideebook
Top 3 Cloud Computing Service Models: SaaS | PaaS | IaaSArticle
What is Private Cloud? - Definition, Types, Examples, and Best Practicesebook
What Is Public Cloud? Everything You Need to Know About itArticle
Top 15 Private Cloud Providers Dominating 2024ebook
What Is a Hybrid Cloud? - A Comprehensive Guideebook
Cloud Computing and Fog Computing - Key Differences and Advantagesebook
Last updated on Mar 30 2023
Last updated on Jun 13 2023
Last updated on Feb 24 2023
Last updated on Apr 17 2023
Last updated on Jul 13 2022
Last updated on Jul 11 2022