Network scanning tools are software that recognizes various network vulnerabilities and protects against uncommon patterns that could hamper the network system. The various tools of networking scanning help in assessing risks and planning the corrective approach to mark the errors and concerns. It simply gives the best solution to tighten your cybersecurity twice as much against a hacker.
Thus, picking the right and best network scanner becomes equally important for network health. We have compiled a list of the top network scanning tools, with their special key features and costs. Examples of popular network scanning tools include Nmap, Angry IP Scanner, and Advanced IP Scanner.
The tool lists discussed in the following points are accessible in both free and paid versions of network scanning tools.
Here are the lists of the best-rated network scanning tools for 2023:
Auvik is a cloud-based network monitoring and management software that provides the best way to achieve better network visibility and control. This tool also allows users a 14-day free trial.
- It automates network visibility and IT asset management.
- Clarifies network performance monitoring and helps in troubleshooting.
- It has the ability to automate configuration backup and recovery.
- Easy to navigate the network
- Network is accessible from anywhere, keeping privacy and security as its main focus.
- Develop powerful workflows with Auvik APIs.
2) Advanced IP Scanner
Advanced IP Scanner is another reliable and free network scanner to examine Local Area Networks (LANs). One of the most trusted alternative network administrators would consider a scan. The program displays the network devices and remote control of computers.
- Gives easy access to network shares.
- Allows the remote control via RDP and Radmin.
- It performs MAC address detection and transports scan results to CSV.
- The software can switch on and off computers remotely and scan any device within the network.
- There is no need for installation.
3) Angry IP Scanner
Angry IP Scanner (or simply ipscan) is a free and open-source network scanner developed for easier and more effective port scans. The tools run on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, and other possible platforms.
- It helps to scan local networks and the internet.
- The tool is proven to work better with multiple data fetchers.
- The feature of Angry IP works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- You can easily transport results into multiple formats.
- Gives a command-line interface.
- This tool needs no installation.
An intruder is a vulnerability scanner that identifies vulnerabilities and potential risks within your network system. A tool that demonstrates the risks and helps to prevent data breaches.
- It discovers occurring threats and reports on actionable issues.
- It finds active and unresponsive systems hassle-free.
- The tool coverage identifies vulnerabilities in the applications together with infrastructure systems and authenticated areas.
- It has the ability to manage multiple devices and scan cloud-based storage.
- Provides an automated scanning mechanism for the latest network vulnerabilities.
5) ManageEngine OpUtils
ManageEngine OpUtils is an IP address and switch port manager with a set of tools and an instinctive GUI to safeguard the network. The tool is also available in a free version for users.
- Use network protocols such as ICMP and SNMP.
- Can run on Linux and Window servers.
- Troubleshoot network issues in a LAN environment.
- Monitor the network progress, traffic statistics, switches, and networking resources.
- The features give data on IP Addresses, MAC Addresses, and DNS names.
- Provides details on the usage of resources, system configuration, software listing, and viewing configured traps.
Nikto is an Open Source (GPL) web server scanner that carries out extensive tests within your network for numerous activities. It is widely preferred for running against web servers. One of the most trusted programs to find outdated versions and check potentially dangerous files or programs.
- This scanning feature stores reports in plain text, XML, HTML, NBE, or CSV.
- It can detect and scan many reports through an input file (including nmap output).
- Recognizes installed software.
- Gives full HTTP proxy support.
- The tool is quite suitable for SSL Support (Unix with OpenSSL or maybe Windows with ActiveState's Perl/NetSSL)
Nmap (Network Mapper) is another free and open-source tool used for the exploration of networks, hosts, and security auditing. This tool comes with limited protection and is likely used in network inventory, service upgrade schedules, and inspecting hosts.
- It comes with NSE scripts and evaluates active hosts within the networking system.
- Accessible in traditional command-line and graphical (GUI) versions that meet your preference.
- Capability to scan huge networks of hundreds of thousands of machines
- Provides a set of advanced features that can be applied to computer operating systems (including Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X).
- Nmap comprises multiple port scanning mechanisms (both TCP and UDP), OS detection, ping sweeps, and others.
OpenVAS (Open Vulnerability Assessment System) is a vulnerability scanner that is a component of Greenbone Vulnerability Manager, making it an important component of any comprehensive security strategy.
It provides vulnerability scanning and management for web servers to use to scan networks and identify issues with its detailed reports.
The tool offers a 14-day trial period for users.
- A free and open-source network security scanner.
- Have predetermined tests that run against a range of hosts, including servers, workstations, and other network devices.
- It supports various operating systems and network protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, and SNMP.
- The tool uses a client-server architecture, where the server runs the vulnerability tests and stores reports in a central database.
- It gives a user interface for getting the results and managing the undertaking of vulnerability assessment.
- The scanning options are full scan, web server scan, and WordPress scan.
Suggested Read – Top Cybersecurity Software Tools In 2024
9) Perimeter 81
Perimeter 81 is a cloud-based tool that provides safe remote access solutions, deploys them, manages them, and helps scale them for various corporations. The plan starts at $8 per month and goes up to $12 per month for the premium plan.
- Create secure and private cloud networks easily accessible from anywhere with any device.
- The features give real-time visibility into network activity and help manage access and security policies.
- Integrates a security mechanism to protect against unauthorized access to the company’s sensitive data, resources, or systems.
- It includes a secure web gateway that filters out malicious content and prevents users from accessing risky web-based threats.
- Perimeter 81 is designed to be user-friendly and easy to set up, making it a popular choice for businesses that need to quickly implement secure remote access solutions.
10) PRTG Network Monitor
PRTG Network Monitor is a powerful network monitoring solution developed by Paessler AG for network administrators to track the performance and accessibility of active devices, applications, or services.
- With customizable dashboards, the reports are customizable as per the requirements.
- The feature gives distributed monitoring that gives up-to-date insights with an unlimited number of remote locations.
- Accessible from anywhere that generates detailed reports
- Easy installation and quick setup make it a trusted tool.
- Alerts and notifications on issues to resolve in real-time
- It supports SNMP, WMI, SSH, HTTP, and SQL.
As per your preference, you can also refer to other popular network scanning tools. A few examples are Qualys Freescan, Retina Network Security Scanner, Syxsense, SoftPerfect Network Scanner, SolarWinds Network, Device Scanner, Wireshark, and more.
Network scanning tools are preferred for a variety of reasons, including security, network performance, asset management, compliance, and troubleshooting. The major focus of network security tools is to help diagnose and resolve threats as early as possible with detailed information. It aims to identify and eliminate the root cause of problems with network security and maintain infrastructure.
Overall, network scanning tools and software are relevant parts of any network security and management strategy.
Now that the cybersecurity field is vast and has a wide career scope, it is best to enroll in cybersecurity course training for anyone who aspires to be an IT security and cyber expert.
You can also explore the best online cybersecurity certification courses from a reputed source like Sprintzeal. It is globally led by expertise and curated courseware.
For further details or queries regarding the course, you can send an email or chat with our expert.
Top 5 COMPELLING REASONS TO GET A CYBER SECURITY CERTIFICATIONebook
How to Become IT Security Expert with CISSP Certificationebook
Top 20 Reasons You Should Get a CISSP Certificationebook
What is CISSP? – Everything about CISSP Certification Explainedebook
Pass CISSP Exam - How to Clear CISSP Exam in First Attempt 2024 (UPDATED)ebook
CISSP Certification – Top 25 Career Benefits in 2024ebook
Cybersecurity – Everything You Need to Know About itebook
Updated Google Certification Training Course list 2024Article
Which Certification is best for Cybersecurity?ebook
Which Cybersecurity Certification Should I Get First?ebook
Cysa+ certification – Should you get it?ebook
List of Top Security CertificationsArticle
Easiest Security Certification to Getebook
CISM certification cost and career benefitsebook
Cybersecurity Fundamentals Explainedebook
ISACA Certifications List 2024ebook
List of Top Information Security Certifications in 2024ebook
CISM certification cost detailsArticle
Mitigate the Cyber-Attack Risks with Best Cyber Security Protocolsebook
Cybersecurity Interview Questions and Answers 2024ebook
Top Cybersecurity Software Tools In 2024ebook
Information Security Analyst - Career, Job Role, and Top Certificationsebook
Cyber Security Analyst - How to Become, Job Demand and Top Certificationsebook
CompTIA A+ Certification Latest Exam Update 2024Article
What is Data Security - Types, Strategy, Compliance and Regulationsebook
Data loss Prevention in Cyber Security Explainedebook
Cybersecurity Controls Explained in Detailebook
Cybersecurity Framework - A Complete Guideebook
What is Cryptography - A Comprehensive Guideebook
Data Leak - What is it, Prevention and Solutionsebook
Cybersecurity Career Paths Guideebook
Future of Cybersecurity - Trends and Scopeebook
Cyber Security Careers and Outlook - 2024 Guideebook
5 Cybersecurity predictions in 2024 - Trends and Challengesebook
Scope for Cybersecurity in 2024 - Update for 2024ebook
Ethical Hacking Career: A Career Guide for Ethical Hackerebook
Application Security: All You Need To Knowebook
Cybersecurity Roles - Top Roles and Skills to Consider in 2024ebook
How to Get Cyber Essentials Certifiedebook
Top 10 Cyber Security Threats and How to Prevent Themebook
Cyber Incident Response Plan: A Comprehensive Guideebook
Information Assurance Careers - Exploring Career Pathsebook
What is the Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8140ebook
Cybersecurity Mesh Architecture: What It Is and How to Build Itebook
What is Threat Modeling? Methodologies, Types, and Stepsebook
What is Digital Forensics? Types, Process & Challengesebook
Information Assurance Model in Cybersecurityebook
How to Become an Information Security Analyst Salary, Skills, and MoreArticle
List of Top Department of Defense (DoD) Approved 8570 Certification Coursesebook
Top 5 Ransomware Attacks to Watch Out for in 2024ebook
Job Prospects for DoD Certified Professionals: A Pathway to Success in cybersecurityebook
10 Biggest Data Breaches of the 21st Centuryebook
What is a Cybersecurity Incident?-Types, Impact, Response Process and Moreebook
Cyber Security Planning - A Detailed Guide for Risk Mitigationebook
What is Cybercrime? Exploring Types, Examples, and Preventionebook
Recent Cyber Attacks & Data Breaches in 2024ebook
Cybersecurity Strategy: Building a Strong Defense for Businessebook
Cybercrime Impacts On Business: 6 Major Effectsebook
5 Types of Cyber Attacks You Should Be Aware of in 2024ebook
Cloud Cyber Attacks: Causes, Types, Prevention and Protectionebook
Cloud Malware: Types of Attacks and Security Measureebook
Cyber Attack Statistics and Trends to Know in 2024ebook
List Of Top Cybersecurity Threats In 2024ebook
Safeguarding Digital Domain: 10 Most Common Cybercrimesebook
Demystifying Cloud-Based Cyber Attacks: A Comprehensive Guideebook
Prevent Cyber Attacks: Strategies to Protect Your Digital Assetsebook
List of Top 10 Cybersecurity Careers in 2024ebook
Top 20 Cybersecurity Trends to Watch Out for in 2024Article
How to Become Cybersecurity EngineerArticle
Understanding Risk assessment in audit planningArticle
Fundamentals of Risk-Based Auditing: A Strategic FrameworkArticle
Risk-based Audit Planning Guide for Beginnersebook
Top 8 Types of Cybersecurity Jobs and Salary InsightsArticle
A Comprehensive Guide to Building Risk-Based Internal Audit PlanArticle
Risk-Based Internal Auditing Approaches: 7 Steps to ExploreArticle
CompTIA Security+ 601 vs. 701: Understanding Key DifferencesArticle
Why and How to Perform a Risk-Based Internal AuditArticle
Risk-Based Auditing Techniques Explainedebook
Last updated on Jan 9 2024
Last updated on Jun 2 2023
Last updated on Nov 14 2023
Last updated on Jul 25 2023
Last updated on Apr 12 2023
Last updated on Dec 20 2023