CompTIA PenTest+ certification training focuses on penetration testing and vulnerability assessment management skills and offers hands-on experience in domains like cloud, desktop, and servers. Skills and knowledge acquired in this CompTIA PenTest+ course prepare candidates for expert-level job roles in IT security. Our program covers all the PenTesting stages and offers a thorough understanding of vulnerability management.
Mode Of Training
Live Online Training
- We are a CompTIA Authorized Training Partner
- Best Price Guaranteed for CompTIA PenTest Course across Training Industry
- Get Trained by CompTIA PenTest+ Course Certified Expert Instructor with Over 15 Years of Industry Experience
- Access to 1000+ Mock Test Questions
- We can customise the training
- Flexible pricing options
- 24x7 learner assistance and support
- We can deliver both In-Person or Live Online
- Pay after the training completion
Download Course Agenda And Company Brochure
CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-002) Certification Training
The CompTIA PenTest+ certification provided by CompTIA is an internationally recognized certification focused on vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, vulnerability assessment management, and methodologies that help protect networks against attacks.
In this CompTIA PenTest+ course, candidates will teach the management skills required to plan, scope, and manage networks. It equips them with the knowledge and skills necessary for improving overall IT security.
This CompTIA PenTest+ Course will also help candidates prepare for the CompTIA PenTest+ (exam code PT0-002).
CompTIA PenTest+ Course Objectives
- Learn how to perform penetration testing
- Learn how to perform vulnerability scanning
- Planning, analyzing and effective reporting
- Understand important aspects of compliance
- Understanding of post-exploitation techniques
- Learn to explore networks, and analyze RF vulnerabilities
- Learn to analyse physical security attacks
- Learn to perform penetration testing using coding scripts like Python, PowerShell, Ruby, and Bash
- Recognizing the security threats and vulnerabilities of network
- Techniques to mitigate security attacks
What does CompTIA PenTest+ training program offer?
- Knowledge about plan and scope penetration tests
- Skills required to conduct active and passive reconnaissance
- Performing non-technical tests to gather information
- Analyzing vulnerabilities
- Learn how to penetrate networks
- Learn how to exploit host-based vulnerabilities
- Learn how to test applications
- Skills required to analyze and report penetration test results
Value of a CompTIA Pentest+ Certification
CompTIA is an ISO-approved organization. It got the International Standards Organization – ISO 9001 quality certification and has its processes verified. The CompTIA PenTest+ certification has also been approved under the Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8140/8570.01-M and under ANSI/ISO standard 17024.
Latest Exam Update: The newest version of CompTIA PenTest+ certification (PT0-002) was launched in October 2021. It is now termed the CompTIA PenTest+ Beta Exam. This version focuses on the core skills in areas like penetration testing and vulnerability management. Sprintzeal's CompTIA Pentest+ certification training course is aligned with the new exam version. We update our CompTIA PenTest+ courseware periodically to keep our training program up to date with the CompTIA PenTest+ exam and syllabus upgrades.
About CompTIA Pentest+ (PT0-002) Exam Update
In CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-002) there are 21 CompTIA PenTest+ exam objectives as compared to 24 in the previous version. Similar topics have been grouped and merged to simplify the syllabus.
The new CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-002) is majorly focused on the latest trends and upgrades in the domain. It includes the latest techniques for pen testing and promotes ethical hacking skills to tackle current industry problems. It also focuses on vulnerability management and code analysis.
Skillset focus for CompTIA PenTest+ Course (PT0-002):
- Performing penetration testing
- Learning about legal and compliance requirements
- Learning to perform vulnerability scanning
- Learning to conduct penetration testing
- Usage of important penetration tools and techniques,
- Result analysis and learning to write a report on it
- Offering recommendations based on the analysis of the report
Top job roles for professionals with CompTIA PenTest+ certification:
- Penetration Tester
- Security Consultant
- Cloud Security Specialist
- Network Specialist
- IT Security Specialist
- Cloud Penetration Tester
- Information Security Engineer
- Security Analyst
Recommended Experience – CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ or knowledge of any equivalent certification. Having 3-4 years of hands-on work experience in information security or related domains will be helpful.
Prerequisites: There are no strict prerequisites for taking CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam. However, PenTest+ course and exam is designed for professionals who have CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and knowledge. Below are the recommended prerequisites,
- Three to four years of work experience in the field of IT security or related field.
- Basic knowledge of network and security
Karen MummawMay 19th, 22
It was an excellent Bootcamp that provided a solid foundation/framework for PMP. I was hesitant to take a virtual course, but the limited size of the class and the excellent instruction made me a believer in virtual classes.
Lon ChinMay 18th, 22
CISA Review - Good class and instructor. Would recommend.
Shaikh RahmanJun 25th, 22
It was an excellent live online training session. The Trainer ‘Munawar Ahmed Shaikh’ is an interactive person, and he has lots of industrial experience. He used to explain the project reference that he did on the industry that helped to understand the different CISSP domains.The training session was through GoToMeeting, and it interrupted the session. The trainer spent time troubleshooting the GoToMeeting, and why the drawing board was not displayed on the screen, voice breaks during the sessions. Sprintzeal should change GoToMeeting for better live online training sessions. I highly recommend ‘Munawar Ahmed Shaikh’ for CISSP training.
About CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-002) Exam
Exam Name - CompTIA PenTest+
Exam code - PT0-002
Exam Launch date - October 27, 2021
Number of exam questions - 85
Exam type - Multiple choice and performance-based
Exam duration - 165 minutes
Exam languages - English and Japanese
Passing score - 750(on a scale of 100-900)
Testing Provider - Pearson VUE
Mode of Exam – Testing Centers and Online Testing
Exam Cost - $ 370
CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-002) Exam Domains
Domain 1 - Planning and Scoping - 14%
Domain 2 - Information Gathering and Vulnerability Scanning - 22%
Domain 3 - Attacks and Exploits - 30%
Domain 4 - Reporting and Communication - 18%
Domain 5 - Tools and Code Analysis - 16%
- Planning and Scope
- Penetration testing
- Information gathering
- Identification of network threats and vulnerabilities
- Introduction to penetration tools
- Performing vulnerability scans
- Mitigation strategies
- Analysing results and troubleshooting issues
- Post exploitation techniques
The CompTIA PenTest+ Certification is valid for 3 years. Certification holders can keep their credential active with CompTIA’s Continuing Education (CE) program. This will help them keep up with the latest technologies, enhance their skill set and validate their expertise.
Steps to recertify CompTIA PenTest+ certification:
- Attend CompTIA’s Continuing Education Program
- Undergo training programs and activities mentioned
- Collect 60 CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
- Upload CEUs gained to your certification account for verification
Frequently Asked Questions
Sprintzeal’s CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training offers knowledge about the latest penetration testing and teaches the skill of vulnerability assessment. Candidates acquire management skills necessary to evaluate the strength of the network, eliminate vulnerabilities and protect them from security attacks.
This training will help professionals create assessment frameworks and contribute to the collaboration of the network. They will learn to evaluate networks, locate vulnerabilities, report findings and mitigate them. Skills gained in this training will help candidates implement the best practices in IT security and create strategies to enhance it.
Candidates with CompTIA PenTest+ Certification are eligible for popular job roles like,
Application Security Vulnerability
Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
Security Analyst (II)
Network Security Operations
Yes, participants get support from trainers, CompTIA PenTest+ course executives, and support teams throughout their training. They get access to practice tests, study materials, and other benefits to help clear the CompTIA PenTest+ exam on the first attempt.
In Sprintzeal’s CompTIA PenTest+ Online Training, the candidate gets access to high-quality and informative training videos. In this mode of training, the candidate can study the CompTIA Pentest plus certification course from anywhere and at any time. These training videos can be accessed and watched on phone by downloading Sprintzeal App and also on the Sprintzeal LMS portal on the web. You can learn the CompTIA PenTest+ course from multiple trainers.
The CompTIA PenTest Plus certification Classroom Training is adopted by professionals who prefer taking up the CompTIA PenTest+ course in a classroom environment. The benefits of this mode of training involve high rates of interaction and, discussions with other participants and a better understanding of concepts, and problem-solving with a trainer’s presence.
CompTIA PenTest+ live online training is the most preferred mode of study among working professionals who struggle to make time for learning and acquiring new skills. This mode of CompTIA PenTest plus training allows them to learn from the comfort of their home while also having interaction with the trainer. Both participant and the trainer are live during the CompTIA PenTest + certification training sessions.
How to plan and scope a penetration testing engagement
How to perform pen-testing using the right tools and techniques
How to analyze the results
Learn to abide by the compliance and legal requirements
Understand regulatory compliance considerations
How to produce a written report
Learn to suggest remediation techniques
IT Security Analyst
Network Security Analyst
Application Security analyst
Corporate Training Solution
Looking for a personalized Corporate Training for a group at your preferred location?